Pumpkin recipes are perfect for kids and even for you, because they are loaded with a lot of vitamins. They will help boost your immunity as well as that of your children. besides, pumpkins are actually quite yummy and they can be very versatile if you know what to do with them. Here are a few recipes that are easy, healthy and also completely delicious that you must try out.
This is just a minute or two worth of work in the kitchen. What’s the most basic thing made out of pumpkin that you could feed your baby? Pumpkin puree, of course! When cooked, pumpkin mashes beautifully, so you don’t really need a grinder. Leave some chunks as your baby gets older.
- Two cups, chopped yellow pumpkin
- Quarter cup jaggery
- Three tablespoons of ghee
- 1/8th teaspoon, cardamom powder
- ¾th cup water
- Six cashews
- One teaspoon, raisins
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pressure cooker on a low flame and then add chopped pumpkin to it.
- Sauté well on a low flame until you see water oozing out from the chopped pumpkins.
- Pressure cook the pumpkins with water for two to three whistles.
- Turn off the flame and allow the cooked pumpkins to cool. Once it cools, mash them well.
- Take a tablespoon of ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins till they turn golden brown.
- Add the mashed pumpkins to a pan fry it for two minutes.
- Add jaggery and powdered cardamom to it and mix well. Keep sautéing the mixture.
- You can add ghee to it and when the mixture is nice and thick (and not sticking to the pan), turn off the flame.
- Add cashews and raisins and give the pudding a nice stir.
- Serve warm.
- 1 and a half cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ a cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Take flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix it well.
- In another bowl combine pumpkin puree, egg white, butter, and milk and whisk.
- Add the above-stated pureed ingredients to the flour mixture and mix it thoroughly.
- Take a large pan and pour out a ladle of the pumpkin and flour batter and cook it well from both the sides.
- Cook until it is golden brown.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.