If you are a parent with a teenager, supporting the decisions that they make and keeping them safe can feel very challenging. With teenagers pushing you to your limits and being extra vocal at some of the ground rules that you may have put in place, things can get really challenging. So if you do still want to make sure that they trust you and are on good terms with you while also imposing the necessary rules and supporting their life choices, try these quick tips out and see.
– Maintain open avenues of communication as much as possible. The more you all can talk freely, the less conflict there will be.
– Maintain open avenues of communication as much as possible. The more you all can talk freely, the less conflict there will be. –
Make it a part of your daily schedule to spend time with your teenager, even if you may not be having massive chats. Justhanging out with them and doing things that they enjoy will build up the relationship.
– Let them know that you support their life choices and that you are here to guide them when they need it. Make the safe space possible so that when they make decisions, they automatically consult you as well.
– Build up their sense of self-worth and confidence and hold them accountable for the decisions that they make in a friendly and supportive way. This way, they will also learn responsibility.
– Do not constantly criticize their actions and decisions. Rather, if they are making the wrong choices advise them kindly.
Implementing these methods into your parenting technique will help your teenagers think smarter and make solid decisions on their way to adulthood.